Popular Posts

qoo10

banner

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tosokchon Ginseng Chicken (토속촌삼계탕)

I'm sure many people knows Korea is known for their awesome Ginseng Chicken Soup (Samgyetang)!

IMO, it's actually quite hard to find good Samgyetang even in Korea... 


Therefore, my favourite Samgyetang is Tosokchon, located near Gyeongbokgung Station(경복궁역).



The restaurant will receive long queue if you're here during lunch hours. I'm quite "kiasu" therefor I reached there around 10:30AM (it opens at 10AM).





Most of their customers are foreigners, mostly Japanese and from Chinese-speaking countries (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong). Some of their staff speaks Mandarin Chinese.

The soup is very creamy and according to KTO, beside ginseng and glutinous rice, the soup is made with ginkgo nuts, garlic, jujube, as well as 30 different types of medical herbs and grains.






Barbeque chicken is also available. I wonder if it's good as I have not try it before though I've patronized this restaurant twice.

Anyone ordered their BBQ chicken? 



You can also visit Gyeongbokgung before or after eating the Ginseng Chicken!


No comments:

Post a Comment