Popular Posts

qoo10

banner

Friday, May 27, 2016

[Bangkok] Blue Elephant Restaurant

Blue Elephant is located at Sathorn Road - a major road in Bangkok with many offices and embassies.

Located near BTS Surasak Station is a colonial building, which housed Blue Elephant; a famous Thai fine dining restaurant. Blue Elephant is located just next to Eastin Grand Sathorn Hotel






The interior of the building also reflects the colonial style of the exterior, with some Thai aesthetics.


Utensils and Plates are gold plated.


I came here for their Wednesday Lunch Set - Roi Foo Set.



For starters - I had - Crispy Crab Souffle, Rice Field Catfish and Prawns Salad and Fresh Rice Paper Spring Roll.


Everything tasted appetizing and refreshing.

For main course, I had Massaman Curry with Lamb and Sweet Purple Potato, Steamed whole Sea Bass with herbs served with Chili Lime Sauce , and Spicy Stir Fried Free Range Chicken and Caramelized Eggs.

 My favorite would definitely be the Massaman Curry with Lamb and Sweet Purple Potato. I've tried other Massaman Curry, but never tried one with lamb. I felt the combination is awesome, but may be also the excellency of Blue Elephant's culinary.


For accompaniment, I had sauteed sweet peas with scallops.

This tasted quite ordinary, like the ones you can find in Chinese Restaurants.


For dessert, I had Water-chestnut in Coconut Milk - aka "Thai Red Ruby".

I didn't really enjoy their rendition of red ruby.

Overall, I really loved the Starters and Mains. I usually prefer Isan (Northeast) Thai cuisine, but Blue Elephant was indeed one of the best Thai Food I have ever tried.

Ambience was good, with colonial style and Thai Royal inspired decoration, which reflected the opulence of the Kingdom.

For service, some staff gave very good Thai hospitality but not for some of the staff, who didn't even smile at any customers. Language wasn't a problem in Blue Elephant.

I would still visit again, to try their other day's set lunch or set dinner.

Food: 8.5/10
Service : 7/10
Ambience : 10/10

Blue Elephant Building (Bangkok)
233 South Sathorn Road,
Kwaeng Yannawa, Khet Sathorn,
Bangkok 10120, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment